Losses associated with various natural disasters are not uncommon. Floods, tornadoes, forest fires, hurricanes, earthquakes, debilitating snowstorms, and other natural disasters are becoming less of an anomaly and more of a routine happening. In terms of property damage, extra expense, and loss of business income, these unfortunate events can have devastating financial impacts upon your business. Being prepared includes having an adequate insurance program in place. Importantly, not all commercial property insurance policies are alike and, as many businesses impacted by recent named storms (such as Irene and Sandy) can attest, the expectations of what losses are covered may not match the realities of what the insurance purchased actually provides (or what the insurer claims it provides). SDV has extensive experience with storm related insurance claims.
Are You Adequately Insured for Natural Disasters?
– SDV can . . .
- Review your existing insurance program and provide you with a clear understanding of the scope of coverage in place, including the identification of potential trouble spots (such as key exclusions, high deductibles, and extensive waiting periods)
- Provide recommendations for storm-related coverages you may wish to consider obtaining or enhancing, including:
- Loss of Utilities
- Flood Insurance
- Law & Ordinance
- Business Interruption
- Dependent Premises
- Provide counsel with respect to storm losses and assist with presenting your insurance claim in a fashion which maximizes coverage
- Negotiate with your carriers and provide advocacy when legal proceedings are necessary
SDV has a proven track-record with storm-related and natural disaster claims. Representative clients include:
- Arup Americas, Inc.
- Country Club of Fairfield
- CVS Caremark Corp.
- Elie Tahari, LTD
- Hoffman Auto Group
- Turner Construction Company
Click here to review our articles that cover Natural Disasters.