Kerianne Kane Luckett is an experienced litigator with a national practice dedicated to representing and advising policyholders in complex insurance disputes. She focuses her practice primarily on the construction industry and routinely handles cases involving commercial general liability, builder's risk, environmental, and professional insurance coverage. She is also well-versed in defective construction and bodily injury claims.
Kerianne joined SDV with a strong background in all phases of state and federal litigation. Her prior experience includes defense of claims under the Federal Employers’ Liability Act and the Federal Railroad Safety Act, as well as defense of insureds in personal injury and property damage matters. Kerianne successfully litigated complex matters involving business disputes, securities fraud, and intellectual property infringement.
In addition to her active litigation practice, Kerianne advises clients on coverage issues and provides comprehensive policy reviews for various types of insurance policies. She assists clients with strengthening contractual risk transfer and insurance coverage at the time of contract drafting and negotiation, as well as during policy placements and renewals.
Representative cases that exemplify Kerianne’s policyholder advocacy include:
- Secured coverage for the insured and facilitated pre-suit settlement of the claims in a high exposure class action toxic tort lawsuit.
- Assisted with the resolution of a builder’s risk coverage dispute involving claims of faulty workmanship in connection with a luxury condominium project.
- Obtained an administrative dismissal of a declaratory judgment action brought by an insurer seeking to avoid its duty to indemnify its insured.
- Secured a defense for a contractor against defective construction claims arising out of work performed by subcontractors on a commercial property project.
- Obtained additional insured coverage for contractors against bodily injury claims under New York Labor Laws.
Kerianne is a resident of SDV’s Northeast office and serves as Chair of the firm’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee. She is also an active member of the firm’s Philanthropy Committee and the Connecticut Bar Association’s Insurance and Young Lawyers Section.