Given the fast pace of today’s business world and the everchanging world of construction growth, understanding the current state of the law with respect to construction insurance coverages is paramount for those involved in the construction industry as owners, contractors or industry professionals. Insurance for Construction Claims impacts all demographics, all organizations, and all businesses whether public or private.
This webinar will address ethical considerations in a complicated defense, recent case law and legislative updates, coverage issues with respect to CGL, Builder’s Risk, OCIP and Subguard Policies, use of bonds, Additional Insured endorsements, and effective mediation strategies. This seminar is important for anyone who is involved in or services the construction industry.
• Recent Case Law and Legislative Update
• Commercial General Liability Insurance
• Statute 624.1005 – Contribution Between Insurers for Defense Costs
• Mediation is Not a Punchlist Item – Managing Insurance Coverage Issues in Construction Defect Litigation
• Risk Transfer – Contractual Indemnity and Additional Insured Issues in Construction
• Duty to Defend
• Duty to Settle
• Use of Bonds
• Ethical Considerations in a Complicated Defense
Commercial General Liability Insurance
Thursday, August 6, 2020 -10:30 am
Gregory D. Podolak (SDV), Rebecca C. Appelbaum (Gartner + Bloom PC)
This panel will be speaking on Commercial General Liability Insurance, including:
• Rip and Tear, and Access Costs
• Common Exclusions and Exceptions to Exclusions
• Construction-Related Endorsements
• Trigger of Coverage and Anti-Montrose Provisions
This seminar is moving forward as a Live Webcast only. To learn more about this seminar and registration, click here.