SDV’s Power & Energy Practice supports the continued success of its clients by providing solutions to the significant and ever-evolving risks encountered in the energy industry.
Our attorneys work with risk managers, in-house counsel, and other company professionals to develop a comprehensive understanding of the client’s needs and devise optimal risk management policies and solutions. We have broad experience providing advisory services on contract negotiations, insurance procurements, renewals, and active claims involving various lines of coverage relevant to the energy industry, including:
- Commercial General Liability coverage;
- First-party Property coverage;
- Errors & Omissions (Professional Liability) coverage; and
- Pollution Liability coverage.
From Education to Litigation, SDV can help power and energy providers with their insurance strategies. Our expertise is supported by our strong relationships with national brokerages to help our clients determine available coverages and determine whether risks should be transferred or retained.
The loss of exposure within the power and energy industry is often substantial. SDV’s Power & Energy Practice can help navigate large claims and help avoid future claims by addressing exposures, identifying insurance solutions, and, where necessary, providing claims management strategies. With natural disasters on the rise and other made-made caused crises for which energy providers are often held responsible (e.g., fuel spills, brown-outs, wildfires), the need for sufficient coverage and indemnity is essential, as well as strong advocacy when such claims arise. The SDV Power & Energy Practice Group can help.
Representative SDV cases and service include:
- Property damage and pollution liability claims involving issues with a de-watering event at a hydro-electric facility;
- Multiple Builder’s risk claims for turbine damage
- Professional liability claims at a propane dehydrogenation plant as well as a hydrocracking plant
- Professional liability claims for a hydrogen generator explosion
- Multiple policy reviews for solar farms and energy distribution companies
- General Liability claims associated with oil leaks and other pollution cleanup costs.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.